Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yummy Low Cal Recipe For When You Need Something Light But Are Sick of Salads

Chicken Tortilla Soup - only 130 calories per 1 cup serving!!!

20 ounces chicken breast - cooked - I use canned if I'm in a hurry, fresh if I'm not
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 cup salsa
1 jar canned tomatoes (4 cups)
3 stalks celery
1 lb. bag baby carrots
2 cups chicken broth or bouillon
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
fresh spinach

Pour all ingredients except spinach in pan. Bring to boil. Turn down and simmer till carrots and celery are soft. Right before serving, throw a few handfuls of spinach on top and stir. Enjoy!!! Yummy, yummy good!!

PS - I use low sodium options or fresh ingredients whenever possible.

1 comment:

  1. sounds good to me! Nic and I will definitely be trying them out!

    ReplyDelete